May 29, 2013 Minutes
- Called To Order – President, R. Miller called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Board Members Present: Arianne Miller, Russ Miller, Sid Norton and Beth Ann Stoll
- Board Members Absent: Mollie Clavere
- CAMS, Inc. Manager: Sharon Johnson and Asst. Cheryl Dennison
- Note: at Unit #19, Fair Oaks, CA.
- Appoint Board Member Positions
Vice President will remain to be held by B. Stoll and Member @ Large will continue to be held by Mollie Clavere. Motion was made by B. Stoll, seconded by S. Norton and passed by unanimous vote to appoint R. Miller as President, S. Norton as Treasurer, and A. Miller as Secretary.
- Homeowner Time – No Homeowners were in attendance
- Review and Approval of Meeting Minutes
Motion was made by A. Miller, seconded by B. Stoll and passed by unanimous vote to approve the May 29, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes as presented. M/S/P A. Miler/ Stoll
- Financial Report – January, February, March and April 2013 and Financial Statements were reviewed.
Treasurer, S. Norton gave the presentation to the Board Members on the April 2013 financials. The April 30, 2013 report is as follows: the Dues Account is $2,461.60, the Operating Account is $1,128.05, & the Reserve Accounts is $30,317.73. Year to-date Net Income is $2,226.12. Motion was made by R. Miller, seconded by A. Miller and passed by unanimous vote to approve the financial packets as submitted. M/S/P R. Miller/A. Miller
- Bad-Debt Write-Off – There is one that requires to be written off to Bad-Debt on account #FWT-1300001 in amount of $2,928.00 needs to be written off to Bad-Debt on the owner’s portion of the dues owing to the HOA due to bankruptcy before foreclosure. Motion was made by A. Miller, seconded by R. Miller to approve account # of FWT-1300001 in the total amount of $2,928.00 to be written off to Bad Debt as presented. M/S/P A. Miller/R. Miller
- Manager’s Report
Recent Inspection Walk-thru reviewed and discussed. W/O #21 is the North Ridge golf course responsibility. Request for CAMS to have a No Trespassing and Video Surveillance signs installed on the property. Additionally, send out notices to all residents/owners regarding recent suspicious activity on the common grounds and to contact the police immediately if they see any suspicious activity. Motion was made to approve the Management Report as submitted. M/S/P R. Miller/Norton
- Unfinished Business
- Landscaping Proposals – 1 for a new service vendor and 3 on tree/shrub -stump removal. CAMS to check with Fallen Leaf on the costs to remove the Laurels & stumps at the Pool
- On Hold – CAMS has attempted to make contact with Barton on a map for the irrigation
- Dumpster Enclosure Area – 2 Proposals were submitted to install an enclosure at both 7401 & 7435 Bldgs. On Hold for Board Review
- 2nd Story Floor Re-Surfacing – A proposal is being submitted on using a rubberized epoxy coating vs. carpeting, per Browning Reserve Group’s recommendations. On Hold
- Electrical Repairs – On the electrical panel boxes wiring clean-up, to install photocell light in the pool and redo the wiring components in the pool pump room because of exposed wiring. Manager, S. Johnson recommended obtaining a second opinion to be submitted. On Hold for Board Review.
- Building Dry-Rot Repairs – Manager, S. Johnson recommended that the areas noted for necessary repairs per the reserve study requirements should be addressed, and completed in phases/sections for proper reserve fund allocations. CAMS will have a contractor access the dry-rot repairs.
- Rental Restriction Policy – CAMS needs to check with C. Koontz #8 if she was able to locate the minutes approving the agreed upon rental restriction ratios for the HOA.
- Bee Removal at #5 – Now is the time to investigate the Bees/Wasps and CAMS will contact the Bee Removal Contractor to make appointments to handle.
- Reserve Study – Browning Reserve Group submitted their “draft” review on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Given the short amount of time to review the study in its entirety, the Board unanimously agreed to hold an Executive Session on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to go over any items that need modifications for future expenditures to the HOA.
- New Business
- Roof/Attic Repairs – Repairs will be completed to the roof/attic areas to help prevent animals from accessing the attic areas. This work will take place after the tree/shrub trimming has been completed.
- Tree/Shrub Trimming – Tree/shrub building clearance was approved in the amount of $400.00 and should be scheduled by the end of the month. CAMS will verify completion.
- Replacement Signage – New signs were purchased for the property replacing faded/broken/missing ones indicating various enforcements/reminders and have been installed.
- Next Meeting Date
The next meeting will be on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in Unit #19
- Adjournment The meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m. M/S/P R. Miller/Stoll
- On May 29, 2013