Called To Order
President Russ Miller called the meeting to order at 6:15 p.m.
- Roll Call
- All Board Members Present: Mollie Clavere, Arianne Miller, Russ Miller and Beth Ann Stoll
- CAMS, Inc. Manager: Sharon Johnson, and Asst. Cheryl Dennison
- Homeowners/Guests: Beverly Bull, Lucy Evans, Connie Koontz, Sidney Norton, & Evelyn Russo
- Note: Held at the Miller’s Home #19.
- Manager Sharon Johnson of CAMS Inc., verified that quorum was established.
- Proof of Notice for Meeting
President, Russ Miller acknowledged the mailing of proper notice of the Annual Meeting Packet was sent.
- Introduction of Present Board Members
The Board Members acknowledge their current standing positions.
- Review and Approval of 2012 Annual Meeting Minutes
Motion was made to approve the Minutes for May 31, 2012 as submitted. M/S/P Koontz/Norton.
- President’s Report
- Management Co. CAMS – R. Miller expressed gratitude to CAMS for being the association’s support by taking care of all the day to day business functions & requirements necessary to maintain our property.
- Budget Expenditures Update – The association increased the budget for tree trimming due to most of the trees need to be pruned and some need to be removed to preserve the structural integrity of the buildings. Also the Year-end Review and Taxes needed to be increase to perform those requirements set by Davis-Stirling guidelines. Additionally, the Board approved having a Reserve Study conducted in order to allocate reserve funds properly on major components and future maintenance expenses.
- Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer, Arianne Miller gave the report of the Financial Status of the Association. The March 31, 2013 ending balance is as follows: in the Dues Account is $864.00, in the Operating Account is $1,850.43 and in the Reserve Accounts is $32,349.25.
- IRS Revenue Ruling 70-604 – Motion was made by Secret Ballot Quorum with 11 votes to approve the Excess Income Measure for any access monies at the end of 2013 to be placed into the members assessments for the year of 2014 and was passed by unanimous vote.
- Unfinished Business
- Fair Oaks Water District Meter Regulations/Irrigation Modifications Update – This meter installation required by the Fair Oaks Water District was completed and fully operational shortly after the last Annual Meeting in June 2012.
- Garbage Service “Dumpster Enclosures” – The Board is looking into quotes on making a change to the current garbage service to remove all independent cans and build enclosures to house dumpsters instead which would save expenses in the long term. Locations would be as follows: 7401 take out the front lawn in between the 2 carports against the wall & 7435 would be in the open space between the set of carports.
- New Business
- Election of Three (3) Board Members – (3) Homeowners, Arianne Miller, Russ Miller & Sidney Norton were running for the open positions on the Board.
- Arianne Miller and Russ Miller introduced themselves expressing their wish to continue being a part of the Board.
- Sidney Norton introduced himself with a history of financial work experiences that he felt would be an asset to the HOA.
- Appoint of Election Inspectors – Cheryl Dennison of CAMS, opened all Secret Ballot Envelopes and counted the Votes. A Quorum was present with 13 votes for this Annual Meeting of Members of the Fairway Two Homeowners Association
- Arianne Miller received 9 votes, Russ Miller received 6 votes and Sidney Norton received 8 votes electing them all to the Board of Directors.
- Sewer Replacement – President, R. Miller informed the membership of the unforeseen expenditure to replace the sewer line of 40ft. to the City’s service line due to extensive tree roots that had damaged the pipeline. This repair required County Permits for Cal OSHA shoring, actual replacement sewer line and tree removal/trim all costing the HOA $27,000 for the entire job.
- Sacramento Fire District – President R. Miller stated that due to a recent inspection conducted by the Fire District, the association was required to perform a number of County Code requirements to be in compliance of those regulations on the following: Installation of Fire Extinguishers, Fire Lane repainting, marking Gas Meters and making the addresses for the buildings visible from the street side all totaling almost $3,000.
- General Discussion
- Squirrels and Rats are gaining access to the attic areas of the buildings which the Board is working on ways to eliminate the openings and leaving one way exits in order to close up all spaces at the roof line.
- One member recommended on sending out new Emergency Contact Forms out to the membership to have CAMS obtain updated phone numbers for any emergency.
- Request was made by the Board to have the membership to research their original CC&Rs/Amendments to find the approval of a Rental Restriction implementing 25%-33% ratio in order to fall within FHA Requirements otherwise it will have to go out to vote by the membership which requires 100% approval in order to be passed now because of the new laws passed in January 2012.
- Work Order request for Spot Light repairs on the carports and Sign Replacement that are broken/faded.
- Adjournment – The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m. M/S/P Russo/Koontz
- On April 3, 2013