May 31, 2012 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Dave Jones (#10)
- 6:00 pm
Board Members Present
- Dave Jones (#10) – President
- Beth Ann Stoll (#7) – Vice President
- Arianne Miller (#19) – Treasurer
- Russ Miller (#19) – Secretary
- Mollie Clavere (#17)
Board Members Absent
- 6:15 – Meeting opened.
- 6:20 – Proxies were accepted. Between homeowners (12) and proxies (7) we have a total of 19 which makes a Quorum (at least 50%).
- 6:47 – The April 3, 2011 annual board meeting minutes were reviewed. Lucy Evans moved for motion to accept. Lew Katman seconded the motion. Minutes are approved.
- 6:56 – 7:34 President’s report begins. 2-4, 8 (21), 9, 11 (15), 14-16, 18, 19, 21-25
- On 4.18.11, FH Electric addressed electricity outage at the east side of the 7435 building.
- On 5.23.11, Bonney Plumbing jetted the line main sewer line
- On 5.26.11, A pipe at the east main at 7435 broke and an emergency repair was completed by Metro Plumbing. It was reported that we have 95 lbs of pressure coming into our building which is unusually high. It’s recommended that we have pressure reducers added to the building(s) to protect us from further issues.
- On 5.26.11, Metro Plumbing agreed with Bonney Plumbing that preventative jetting of the sewer line would not help matters. The only way to address our back up issues is to put in a new sewer line, which since this is on private property, that would be our expense.
- On 6.1.11, SMUD addressed the broken light near the overflow parking area at 7435.
- On 6.2.11, Sparkle of Excellence cleaned gutters as a rash of storms had clogged our gutters.
- On 6.3.11, the 7435 golf cart gate access had a lock changed since it was broken. Northridge Country Club addressed this since that is their property. Keys were given to those using the gate.
- On 7.21.11, our pool was reviewed for cleanliness by another pool cleaning company. It appears that the discoloration on the sides of the pool is from aging plaster and not actual dirt.
- On 7.28.11, Custom Commercial Builders along with Drake Plumbing took care of rotted out grey water lines underneath unit #4.
- On 7.28.11, the pool passed its county inspection.
- On 9.6.11, Adair Construction inspected the crawl areas underneath all of building 7435 and submitted a detailed report with photos. 7401 crawl areas do not exist except for unit #4.
- On 9.8.11, Haynes Pool Service fixed a clogging issue with our pool pump.
- On 12.9.11, homeowners were sent a letter that addressed Fair Oaks Water District’s change to billing for domestic water usage. They now require the HOA to pay for this versus individual home owners. As a result, HOA dues are modified to assume this new expense.
- On 1.5.12, Mollie Clavere has agreed to step in for Frank Marek’s previous position as an interim board member.
- On 1.25.12, the board reviewed proposal (provided on 12.7.11) to add crawlspaces to 7401 to allow for easier access to address potential needs underneath the building.
- On 1.11.12, Custom Commercial Builders applied a glue test to some of the carpet on the walkways.
- On 1.25.12, the board was notified that Dennis (Jake) Cahoon is the new owner of unit #3.
- On 1.25.12, the board discussed the possibility of going with a new garbage pick-up service. This would require retrofitting our garbage areas to allow for dumpsters, but in the long run, it would prove to save about $2,000 a year as well as alleviating the responsibility of taking out garbage and recycling cans.
- On 2.22.12, Fair Oaks Water District provided it’s new requirements for domestic and irrigation lines. We have a completed the initial exploratory stage, specified a project scope and now have bids in place for addressing these new requirements.
- On 3.15.12, Adair Construction addressed the clogged 7435 driveway sump pump.
- On 3.19.12, Hayne’s Pool Service referred us to a new pool cleaning company since they are currently closing their business. The new company is called Majestic Pool Services. They have agreed to keep fees the same for now.
- On 4.4.12, Unit #1 foreclosed and was sold to a new owner. We were unable to collect on back dues for this unit and it appeared that a lien doesn’t apply to foreclosed units. We are now looking at getting these funds through Probate.
- On 4.14.12, several property managing companies were reviewed to assist the board with its responsibilities. Upon taking on a property management company, the Treasurer and President have decided to no longer have their dues waived. Official appointment of a property management company must be approved by a 60% vote of home owners.
- On 4.19.12, the board reviewed our current insurance policy and have decided to make the following changes:
- 3% increase in building replacement
- Ordinance & Law Included
- $10,000 Sewer Backup (raised up from $5,000)
- $5,000 Deductible (Increased from $1,000)
These changes have reduced the cost of our policy.
- On 5.24.12, a pipe broke at the east main at 7435. This fell under our warranty with Metro Plumbing so there was no fee for this repair.
- 6:49 – Treasurers financial report.
2011 Regular Budget
- Quarterly Assessments are lower due to past due quarterly dues.
- Pool Maintenance was $192 higher than budgeted due to increase in permit fees and having a 2nd pool cleaning company consult on the condition of our pool.
- Sewer repair was $3,868.32 over budget due to having to jet the lines twice and due to the emergency repair of a water line in front of 7435 & pipe repairs under unit #4 at 7401.
- Gas and Electric increased by $655.42.
2011 Major Budget
- Hallway resurfacing de-prioritized due to other expenditures.
2012 Regular Maintenance Budget
- Increase income on carport electricity usage by $240.
- Home Owners water usage is now introduced based on FOWD requirements.
-Increased expense $10,882.36.
- Insurance cost reduced by $649.80.
- Pool Maintenance increased by $125.
- Garbage and Recycling increased by $100.
- Gas & Electric increased by $675.
- Due to hiring a property management company, board dues (President & Treasurer) will no longer be waived effective July 1st.
- Property management company expense of $711.20/mo (starting 7/1/12).
2012 Major Maintenance Budget
- Hallway resurfacing tentatively rescheduled for 2012.
- 6:57 – A new pool skimmer was requested.
- 6:59 – Fair Oaks Water District is requiring us to make some changes to our domestic and irrigation water lines so that they can meter our usage. This will require us to make some substantial changes in the front lawn areas of both buildings. Work will begin on this shortly.
- 7:35 – The home owners association has proposed to introduce a property management company to assist in addressing the maintenance of our building, the financial accounts and other legal matters.
- 7:50 – Between physical votes and submitted proxies, we have 19 votes in favor (0 not in favor) to hire CAMS (Community Association Management Services) to address the property management. Arianne Miller will provide all necessary documentation to CAMS so that they can begin July 1, 2012.
- 7:52 – No nominations were made to replace Beth Anne & Mollie Clavere’s positions, so they have renewed for another term.
- 7:54 – There is a rising issue of unauthorized children accessing our pool. If this persists, we may consider having a security company to address this issue.
- 7:59 – We have seen an issue of ones not breaking down boxes for recycling and leaving them (along with other object) next to cans, causing others to break down those boxes for recycle pick up.
- 8:03 – Since the county is requiring that all cans (garbage and recycle) to be moved for pick up, we ask that everyone pitch in to help move their cans.
- 8:06 – With all the issues we have had in the garbage and recycle area, we have looked into a dumpster pick up service. This would allow us more room as well as to no longer have the responsibility to move the cans. In our research we have found that we can save approximately $3,000/yr. We would have to retrofit the garbage areas which would require an initial investment.
- 8:15 – Meeting adjourned.
-Russ Miller, Secretary
- On May 31, 2012